Don't Get Burnt This Summer
• Do not leave valuables or car keys by open windows and doors. Mark your valuables with your postcode
• In your garden? Lock your doors and close your windows
• Double lock your doors using the key and make sure your windows are closed even if you are just popping out
• Do not leave garden tools, ladders etc easily accessible in your garden, make sure your shed is secure
• Going on holiday? Make it look like you’re at home
• Lock all windows and doors, cancel milk and papers
• Ask someone to keep an eye on your house while you are away
• Don’t advertise that you are going on holiday on social networking sites.
Download our ‘Dont’ Get Burnt this Summer’ leaflet.
Help us to help you stay safe this summer.
For more information call the Council’s Community Safety Unit on 0161 474 3143.